So You're Ready To Buy A Home...
Buying a home is the single largest investment that you will make, however, it will also determine where you live and where your children will go to school. Annette's commitment and dedication to ensuring you find the perfect home is built alongside a strong background in customer service and she believes communication is key in understanding your wants and needs. Annette believes in educating her buyers so they are able to make a well informed decision.
What do you tackle first? It can be overwhelming at first, but having a roadmap towards your dream home will help you break down priorities and set appropriate expectations. Here's a step-by-step walkthrough of a typical home transaction:
- Contact a Realtor for a Buyer's guide
- Review guide and follow steps
- Contact your current mortgage representative (financial Institution/lender) or mortgage broker for a mortgage pre-approval
- Discuss your requirements with your Realtor - ie. Location, Price Range, NEEDS
- Sign a buyer agency agreement to ensure professional representation
- Begin the search process by entering criteria into prospect search and eliminating any existing prospects
- Select and schedule homes to visit
- Prepare and present offer
- Negotiate and accept terms
- Ensure any conditions meet requirements and waive any conditions to firm up your purchase
- Prepare for closing
- Revisit property, if applicable
- Take possession & ENJOY!
WHY USE THE ANNETTE VANCE TEAM...
You will find the services of a realtor invaluable in helping you locate a property that’s right for you. It is important to find a realtor you can trust, but more importantly a Realtor who has experience! Some reasons why a realtor can help:
- To provide valuable insight on the market
- Save you time, money and frustration
- To ensure your needs and interests are legally & professionally represented
- Benefit from specialized, personal service, guidance & advice
- Access to expanded searches, neighbourhaood knowledge and experience
- Expert negotiation and financial advice
Signing a BUYER AGENCY AGREEMENT will ensure a Realtor is working for you and not the Seller. Under the agreement, your realtor must provide you with: Undivided Loyalty, Obedience, Reasonable Care and Diligence, Confidentiality, Full disclosure & Accounting
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU...
- Educate on buying process / Provide initial consult and needs analysis
- Assist with mortgage pre-approval/financing
- Conduct home search and pre-qualify homes, representation includes homes listed on MLS, privately & new home construction
- Pre-visit properties if necessary
- Schedule home viewings and assess against criteria/additional insight
- Interact with selling agents
- Compare and provide necessary market comparables and analysis of sold properties of similar criteria
- Provide regular market updates and prompt communication
- Information resources - demographic/insurance/grow-op/school rankings/neighbourhood amenities & reviewing of documents, explaining conditions/clauses - PURCHASE Home Verify Report & Geowarehouse Report
- Offer agreement preparation and presentation
- Provide assistance/advice with negotiating price, terms, and inclusions/exclusions
- Monitoring and assistance during conditional period
- Provide lawyers with all necessary documentation to tie with sellers lawyer and ensure smooth closing
- Ensure financial documentation is in order and prepared
- Closing details – revisit appointment, provide with utility information, movers
- Provide you with closing warranties checklist, assist with any deficiences
HOW TO MAKE AN OFFER
When it comes time to make an offer you will require current market information and assistance in drafting your offer. You will need a Real Estate Professional.
A Real Estate Professional will communicate your Offer to Purchase to the seller, or the seller's representative, on your behalf. Sometimes there may be more than one offer on a property at the same time. A Real Estate Professional can guide you through this process.
- Firm Offer to Purchase - Usually preferable to the seller because it means buyers are prepared to purchase the home without any conditions.
- Conditional Offer to Purchase - Usually means there are one or more conditions on the purchase, such as "subject to home inspection", "subject to financing" or "subject to sale of buyer's existing home". The home is not sold until all the conditions have been met.
- Acceptance of Offer - An Offer to Purchase is presented to a seller who may accept the offer, reject it, or submit a counter-offer. The counter-offer may be in reference to the price, closing date, or any number of variables. Offers can go back and forth until both parties have agreed to terms or either side ends the negotiations.
ELEMENTS OF AN OFFER
- Price: Depending on local market conditions, your opinion of value and market information provided by your real estate professional may indicate to offer something different than the asking price.
- Deposit: The deposit shows an act of good faith and will be applied against the purchase price of the home when the property closes. Your sales representative will advise you of an appropriate amount.
- Terms: Includes the total price offered and the financing details. You may arrange your own financing or ask to assume the seller’s mortgage, especially if it has an attractive mortgage rate.
- Conditions: These might include “subject to home inspection”, “subject to you obtaining financing” or “subject to you selling your property”
- Inclusions: Depending on the local market conditions these may include appliances, light fixtures or window coverings, these also my be considered as exclusions
- Closing: Generally the day that the title of the property is legally transferred and the transaction of funds finalized unless and assist you in drafting your offer – a legal document which specifies the terms and conditions of your offer
Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty